cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 rollout ?

derek765
Dialled in

I'm on 1G, with Hub4. Could really do with Hub5 both for the 2.5Gb intranet (yes my PC supports 🙂 ) and  WiFi 6

Any news on the rollout would be welcomed. I was promised a 5 as soon as they became available but haven't heard anything

4 REPLIES 4

alchizzy
On our wavelength

good luck- im same as you-both my sons got hub5 -youngest got his today-i phoned all afternoon-passed around from dept to dept-zero chance-non in stock-thats funny-my son got his today

also the chat online is not working to chat about this-im really thinking of cancelling after 13 years

virgin dont give a toss

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @derek765 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

When we can offer an upgrade to a Hub 5 we will email you to let you know you are eligible, but it is important to state that we currently to not offer speeds of 2.5Gig. 

The Hub 4 is capable of supporting a 1Gig connection which is currently the highest we offer. 

Thanks Ashleigh,

I realise Virgin don't offer 2.5Gig, but with a 2.5Gig connection on the router and a 2.5Gig connection on my pc, my intranet will be 2.5Gig 🙂

I got a letter last week telling me I need a new router, mainly because home phone service is being transferred to the fibre network. I've been waiting for the hub5 for quite some time, they decide its now time I need one 3 months before phone service transfers over.

If you have a VM phone line give them a call and see if you can get one.