cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 release date ?

waqyboy
Tuning in

Does anyone have a clue when the trial will be done and this router sent out to existing customers? A realisitic release date would help. Im looking to get the best out of my hub 4 but is limited by its 1gig ports. 

24 REPLIES 24

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

@jhuk wrote:

What has that to do with my post and I will post it in every thread that needs it?

You have both been here long enough to know people are either too stupid or too lazy and do not use search, if they did there would be a lot less threads in every forum as less dupes.

Well, yes.

You also asked "since when was it on trial" - again that could have been discovered by you carrying out a search - or do you fall under one of your categories described for people who don't do searches?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

No I did not ask that as it was rhetorical?

waqyboy
Tuning in

I rang up VM and they say that the hub 5 has an imminent release now, its Feb 16th 2022. A few days time i was told by VM via whatsapp. This is when all customers can order it. I hope this is true. 

Looking to use it in modem mode connect that 2.5 wan to my tp link ax11000😍

@waqyboy wrote:

I rang up VM and they say that the hub 5 has an imminent release now, its Feb 16th 2022. A few days time i was told by VM via whatsapp. This is when all customers can order it. I hope this is true. 

And you believed what the, no doubt, offshore customer support told you? Of the naivety of youth 😃

Be vary, vary careful what you wish for........

Dazz285
On our wavelength

Vm are full of crap... I have been suffering with a defective hub 3 for nearly 4 months & they keep telling me that they have no idea of a release date...

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dazz285

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear you've been suffering with your Hub 3, what issues have you been experiencing? I'd love to help get that sorted from here.

Regarding the Hub 5, we’re currently rolling the Hub 5 out in phases, and we’re emailing specific groups of customers over time to invite them to order ahead of a wider launch in 2022. Only customers who receive the email invite will be able to order for the time being, apologies for any disappointment caused.

Kind regards,

Serena

Dazz285
On our wavelength

First-quarter of 2022 has gone & still no Hub5 information.. Perhaps you should look after your long-term customers who are having issues first?

I have had an engineer around who has confirmed that my hub3 is indeed defective & I have read that your Hub4 is no better so I will wait for the Hub5 but I will not wait forever as Sky has some very good offers.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The Hub5 will be little better - just as the Hub4 is in no way markedly better than the Hub3. The only way to get top class routing and Wifi is to take VM out of the equation and get your own better quality router and wireless equipment and use their Hub(s) in modem mode. That will serve you well for many years and be transferable to any other ISP you move to in the future

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Dazz285 wrote:

First-quarter of 2022 has gone & still no Hub5 information.. Perhaps you should look after your long-term customers who are having issues first?

I have had an engineer around who has confirmed that my hub3 is indeed defective & I have read that your Hub4 is no better so I will wait for the Hub5 but I will not wait forever as Sky has some very good offers.

if your hub3 is defective the tech will change it for another hub3 more than likely - are you actually saying its faulty or you just dont like the spec or whatever and what has the hub4 to do with a defective hub3 that in fact may be ok but not to your liking

and why would VM want to send you a hub5 with or without their soft launch strategy - whatever that is 

a

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Dazz285
On our wavelength
It is indeed faulty but the tech told me that the Hub5 was being released soon ie next month or so. I was not prepared to have a Hub4 as that is no better compared to the Hub5 so it was worth the wait, if it was only a month or so. But if VM can't even look after customers who have defective equipment first with them being put on the soft launch & NO information on a release date then god help all of us that have poor wifi & equipment...