cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 refuses to turn wifi on.

AndrewHardy
Up to speed

I've been using the hub 5 in modem mode since we got it and today my router decided to pack up. So, I turned off modem mode and gave the hub 5 a reboot. When it was back up and running, I went into the hub 5's settings to sort out network names and such only to find that the wifi was off. So, I went to the wireless signal settings under advanced and found 2.4 and 5 GHz disabled. Here's the problem, the enable circles are greyed out and won't let me click them so I can't enable wifi. I was able to get them to become clickable by turning off channel optimization (weird right?). But when I click enable and then apply, they just go straight back to disabled.

Any idea's?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Did you try a full reset via a 60 second press of the rear RESET button ?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

AndrewHardy
Up to speed

Screenshot 2023-08-06 114921.jpgScreenshot 2023-08-06 114844.jpg

Client62
Legend

Did you try a full reset via a 60 second press of the rear RESET button ?

Didn't think of that. Trying it now.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AndrewHardy 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your Hub 5's WiFi. 

Please do let us know if our helpful community member has been able to assist in resolving this for you. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Yep, sorry I got really busy and didn't have a chance to reply earlier. Resetting the Hub 5 worked, so thank you 🙂

No problem at all @AndrewHardy 

Thank you very much for letting us know and great to hear that @Client62 was able to advise and resolved this for you. 

Thanks @Client62 for your support with this customers query 🙂

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley