cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 range extender recommendations.

Jurasik
Dialled in

Hi all.

I have a poor signal with my hub 5 upstairs. I'm not looking for settings solution, as I've done channel changes to no effect.

As such I'm looking for recommendations for a range extender, maybe even with mesh tech, whilst still using the Hub 5 as the primary wifi router. I'm not interested in the VM pods, as i don't want to pay a monthly sub to have it. 

Anybody have some pointers?

1 REPLY 1

Sabtain7
Up to speed
Your better off buying a more powerful router to be honest. Please explain your property size, floor number etc. I used to get wifi only on the bottom floor and very poor signal on the second with none on the third. I brought the Netgear Rax200 and where I was getting 400mb in front of the router I got 780mb and even on the top floor where I was previously getting nothing I got mid 300mb.

If I Have Tried To Help You Hope It Helps:
I am fairly knowledgeable about technology in general and will try to help you to the best of my ability.

Sky (Glass) World Customer (TV), Virgin Media Fibre Optic Gig1; Virgin Media Phone Package

Want To Contact Virgin Media's UK Call Centre?
Here's How:
STEP 1: Dial 150 (Virgin Landline) or 0345 454 1111 (Non Virgin Phone)
STEP 2: Option 1 for TV, Broadband or Home Phone

STEP 3: If The Number You Are Calling From Belongs To Your Virgin Media Account Select Option 1 If Not 2 (then enter the Virgin Media Home Number or press # then tap in Virgin Media Account Number
STEP 4: Select Option 4 - To Make Changes To Your Package Or Tell Us You Are Moving
STEP 5: Select Option 4 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us
STEP 6: Select Option 2 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us For Any Other Reason

UK Call Centre Times:
Mon - Fri 8am - 9pm
Sat - Sun - 9am - 6pm