cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 problem :( - can't access some sites after access point

Scorrado
Tuning in

Hi all,

I recently tried to connect an old sky router to my Hub 5 via ethernet so that I could use it as a wireless access point in another room. I made a couple of changes to the old router and got it to work fine. I have since disconnected the old router and connections are back to just the Hub 5.

However, ever since then I cannot access certain sites that I could access fine prior to connecting the old router. It's as if the Hub 5 has inherited some information from the old router and is actively blocking access. If I use a VPN I can connect fine.

I have tried a few pinhole resets but the blocking still exists. My neighbours who are also on Virgin BB have no issues accessing the sites so it does appear to be Hub related.

Any help/ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

5 REPLIES 5

F1TeamLH
Dialled in

Log into your HUB5 and look at what your Firewall settings & what they are set too, Change 1 option in there and test? 

Thanks, just tried but no difference unfortunately

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Change DNS on your device to use 194.168.4.123 , 194.168.8.123 or 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8 or 9.9.9.9
---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work. I should add I have tried multiple devices too but all face the same issue

Hey Scorrado, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to see you are having some connection issues.

Unfortunately, we can't guarantee our equipment will work with 3rd party kit, and when it does we can't promise it will would 100%.

We do have WIFI pods which could help you with your issues and these are free on packages such as Volt, 1GB and Oomph bundle. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?