cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 printer won't connect to network

perentz
Joining in

I have recently set up the new Hub 5 and successfully connected all my devices to it except my HP Printer Deskjet 3070A. This had previously linked to the Hub 3.

Using the push button method gives a WPS error on the printer.

I downloaded the HP software and tried to connect using it after temporarily using a USB cable.

The connection fails and a message says it might be the due to MAC filtering.

I logged into the router IP address and looked at the MAC filtering options. It's set to always on but no filters are applied. I couldn't see how to disable it but did try setting it to only come on for an hour overnight, which didn't solve the problem.

Can anybody help?

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do a search on this forum. There have been several threads recently where various HP printers dont connect to the Hub5. I think there are some solutions posted in those threads too

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @perentz, and a very warm welcome to you

Can you please confirm if the handy advice from @jbrennand has allowed you to find the solution?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

Hi 

Thanks for the advise @jbrennand 

Unfortunately I still can’t find a solution that works. One post suggested temporarily disabling the 5ghz band on the router to allow the printer to connect but this didn’t work for me. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call in and request a Hub3 to replace the Hub5 that is still on trial - as it isnt fit for your purpose and your werent informed that it was still a trial

Or perhaps @David_Bn  can sort that for you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi perentz,

Sorry to hear you're still having some issues with the service, 

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, and can see some of the downstream power levels of the hub are out of specification.

It's something I'll need to arrange an engineer for, I'll need a few more details from you before I can arrange this so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm