cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 not connecting to ifit

Finkin
Joining in

Hi wondering if someone can help please. I have just changed over to the Hub 5 1GB. It wont connect to ifit no matter what I do - didnt have connectivity issues with the old router. 

Any ideas how to resolve please? 

Thanks 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Finkin 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear of your difficulties getting your Hub 5 to connect to ifit! Would you be able to let us know if you are having issues connecting to the app, or if there is a specific device you are using to connect to ifit?

Do you know if you previously had split Wi-Fi bands set up on your old hub? 

It may be that the device requires a specific type of Wi-Fi connection (for example, either 2.4ghz or 5ghz connection.) If this is the case you may need to set up split Wi-Fi bands on your new hub 5. You can set this up via the advanced settings in your Hub. You may wish to label the name of each network so you know which is which! There are instructions on how you can do this here 👉 How to set up Virgin Media broadband | Virgin Media Help, and in this community article 👉 Definitive Guide to Splitting 2.4 & 5ghz bands plu... - Virgin Media Community - 5003062

Please let us know the answers to our questions, and how you get on with splitting the Wi-Fi bands if needed! We can then offer further support. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
So you need to get a better router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode
---------------------------------------------------------------

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Look at message 2 here - see if that helps

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Unable-to-connect-smart-switches-to-hub-5-H...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Sorry for the delayed response - I will give this a try and see how I get on. 

Thank you 

Hi there @Finkin 

Thank you for updating us, we just wanted to check and see how things were going and if you had been able to try this yet?