cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 mac filtering

spac3n3rd
On our wavelength

Ive always set times for my son's devices through mac filtering, but hub 5 only seem to be able to set the same times for all devices in the list.

anyone have any idea how to set different times for different device?

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

They should stop doing mac filtering in the hubs people are just disappointed when they can't do what they want to do.

Use another router that supports what you need to do and put hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @spac3n3rd

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

My apologies to hear you're unable to get the mac filtering set up for specific devices on the Hub5 yet - have you managed to figure a workaround as of yet?

I will feed this back to the team so they can possibly take this onboard in future updates

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@legacy1 wrote:

They should stop doing mac filtering in the hubs people are just disappointed when they can't do what they want to do.

Use another router that supports what you need to do and put hub in modem mode.

with 1gig ports surely - you missed that bit

Tony.
Sacked VIP

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@-tony- wrote:

with 1gig ports surely - you missed that bit

Its has happened before someone go and buy a router the cheapest they can find too think its got 1200Mb wifi then only to find out it has 100Mb ports   

---------------------------------------------------------------

Any news on this? i have reported since last year and its been going on for years when the clocks change to bst the timing is out.  Then you have to mess around with it to get it working after a reset. 

would be good if you could setup different times for different devices

it should be removed as it doesnt work. Nothing on the connect app to manage this either. 

Hi hascha, thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry to hear that your issue with mac filtering has not yet been resolved.  We've not got any updates at this time.  When we do have, we update our customers, here.  Or even on this thread. 

Regards

Lee_R