cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - keeps disconnecting

Raff11
Tuning in

Hi

Set up my new hub 5 last week but it disconnects frequently throughout the day. The white light stays on and solid and devices still seem to be connected to the hub but there is no internet for a short time when it happens. Then after a few minutes it works fine again.

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Raff11

Sorry to hear of the broadband connection issues with your Hub 5 and drop outs, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

From checking the connection and equipment we can see the speeds (to the hub) seem stable at over 1143mbs download and 51mbs upload, there has however been multiple and frequent disconnection over the last 7 days. The Hub has been on for over 8 days which isn't a huge amount of time but we would ask you to reboot this and leave it for 24 hours and we can look again to see if the levels etc change.

At present, they are all in the ranges we'd expect to see. Please keep us up to date with this.

Rob

Hi Rob

Thank you for the reply. I am rebooting now so will see how it goes.

Thanks

Craig

Hi Rob

Unfortunately still having disconnection issues with the hub.

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig

Thanks for coming back to us. I will send you a PM now to book in a tech,

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @Raff11 
Thanks for joining me on PM and confirming your details so I can book in the technician visit for the disconnection issues. The visit will be viewable shortly in your online account - virg.in/myVM - where you can cancel/amend if needed.
There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment
Let us know how the visit goes and do also pop back if you ever need further assistance.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill