cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 issues

Peter_Hawkins
Tuning in

Hi, I have noticed on some message boys that there have been issues with the new Hub 5 and connectivity with android devices. Has anyone manage to find a solution to this or am I wasting a lot of money each month for a router that doesn't work to the expected level of functionality? Any help would be great 👍 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Still call in and say its not proving fit for your purposes and you would like to return it and get a Hub3 sent out.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you still got your old hub? If so call the activation line and ask then to put it back on your account and de-activate the "experimental" and "not released yet" Hub5.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Unfortunately no. I had to send it back when they sent me the Hub5. I originally had the Hub3 and thought the newer model would be better (very naive of me).

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Still call in and say its not proving fit for your purposes and you would like to return it and get a Hub3 sent out.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi Peter_Hawkins,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for the issues you've been having with the hub 5.

Can you expand on the specific issues you have with the android devices?

^Martin

Well my devices don't stay connected or just don't connect at all. I'm constantly having to use my phone data or keep turning my WiFi on and off. I've reset my router a couple of times but still having issues.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
They should swap it back for you. If they are reluctant for some reason (only they can say) stick it into Modem mode and get your own better quality equipment than VM supply

--------------------
John
--------------------

Yes, I have sent a message this morning to them to replace it so hopefully they will send me one of the previous versions that actually work as advertised 😁

Hi @Peter_Hawkins thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your issues with the Hub 5.

I've ran some checks for you, and it looks like that there aren't any issues with the power levels, upstream or downstream levels that could be contributing to the dips in performance you're experiencing.

How are things with a wired connection via ethernet directly to the Hub 5, is this just impacting the Android devices via wifi?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Yes, the issue only seems to be with android devices. I have done another reboot yesterday and have had 2 separate instances of losing Internet connection completely.