cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 fails wifi connection

drjotty
On our wavelength

I think my hub 5 is failing? I've had it over a year and for the past 2 months since I renewed my contract I can't connect to WiFi on my laptop or phone. Some times it connects for a while if I reboot the router but that isn't practical with partner working from home. Ethernet connections to pc and games consoles are fine. I can see the WiFi but it won't let me connect. 

I did go in settings last week and it all looked fine my devices are not blocked I even set up a guest network but can't see that at all?

How.do I go about getting a replacement hub or is there a firmware update or some thing?

I have looked for similar posts and there are a few with hub 5 but no solutions.

26 REPLIES 26

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the responses drjotty,

From checking our service I can't seem to locate any details for this, were you able to get through to the team?

Let us know,

Kain

drjotty
On our wavelength

So far no luck getting through.

I cant ring in day incase they knock the broadband off testing it as we work from home and evenings prove lines are too busy.

Will try again tonight 🥺

Hello drjotty,
As this issue has been ongoing for quite a while.

I would like to taka good look at this for you.

I will need to pass security to gain account access though.

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

drjotty
On our wavelength

I got sent a new hub and returned the old one. This has fixed the issue where I couldn't always connect via WiFi. Which proves it was a faulty hub.

Except now I am getting dropping connection on all ethernet connected devices a few times a day and when gaming it appears as very low latency or ping rate.

It now appears either the new hub is faulty or more likely the line into the house has a fault.in it. Videos buffer, pages some times pause before loading and games drop out , I called 150 and they said they will monitor for a week after I pin hole reset new hub.  Last night I was online on pc via ethernet to hub and it lost connection.  

Very frustrating as I tried online chat last night and just now and no one ever answered.  

150 could see line had dropped for a second only a few times a day over past week. Not me resetting hub  as that takes a minute each time.

Clearly a fault not on my network as sycn drops. 

At a dead end again until.i ring 150 I guess as online contact no longer exists

Sure has been going on a while but at least the WiFi issue is fixed by replacement hub

Hi drjotty,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to hear you are now facing issues with devices connected Via Ethernet since you upgrade to the new Hub.

I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and it appears you have quite a few Ethernet devices compared to the 4 ports on the Hub, are you using an adaptor for more ports, have you tried to remove and change the Ethernet cables, are you using Cat 6 or above?

Regards

Paul.

drjotty
On our wavelength

Hi this is happening to devices directly plugged into the hub ie the TV next to it. The other devices are via a 1gb 5 port hub, I also have another 1gb 5 port hub upstairs both cat 6. It is not the cables or my hubs as it is the incoming line dropping sync and the TV plugged directly via 3ft cable into the router. 

It means we drop video calls etc too

drjotty
On our wavelength

speed tests show line speed is over 300 yet web pages are slow to load, ping test is 12ms

i will ring 150 tomorrow as they asked me to ring back in a week as they too saw 1 second drops through out the days they checked.

might be another faulty hub or a line fault.