cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 doesn’t work when Personalised

mzeeshan007
Joining in

Hi 

I have Hub 5 for a month now,  it was working fine until now. Since yesterday I’m unable to connect to my personalised network. However, when I reset the Hub 5 back to its factory settings, and use the generic network name, it works fine. 

It only stops working when I personalise the network name and password. 

Devices that are plugged in work fine in either case. It’s the wireless ones that don’t work when I personalise the Hub. 

Any idea? 

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
VM only support Personalise hub when you change to modem mode and stays like that working so get your own router with 1Gb ports.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I’ve used it in Router mode and also was able to personalise it for a month. Before Hub 5, I had previous Hubs and that too were personalised in Router mode. If I switch it to Modem mode then I won’t have a network name anymore. 

The frailty & inflexibility of the Hub 5's Router mode WiFi settings and connectivity are legendary.

If a Hub 5 is delivered here, within the hour I shall be at Currys collecting a 3rd Party WiFi Router.

Oh is it? I’m new to Hub5, I thought newer device will mean better service. 

I have Google Nest Wifi (1st Gen) as well. I am not happy with it as even though I have Extenders the signals weren’t great in every room. 

It looks like it might be better to put Hub 5 in modem mode and just use Google Nest as a primary Wifi network. 

Hi mzeeshan007, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

There's nothing I can add to what your fantastic fellow community members have already said, sorry.  Please do update us with how things go?

Regards

Lee_R

Are you serious lee? Your opinion as an employee of virgin, is get a 3rd party router? disgusting!

IF i have helped you, please give me kudos / mark me as helpful, thanks

I got a new Hub5 which is working fine on the default settings, i.e I haven’t personalised it yet. I’ll try changing it soon but I’m a bit worried what if it breaks down again.