cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 disconnecting devices

Daddymc78
Joining in

Hi,

I have recently connected my Hub 5. I seem to find that if a device like my Google nest mini isn't used for a period of time (say over night) then by the time I wake up in the morning it has been disconnected from the hub. This is really frustrating and would like to know why this keeps happening. It has happened every day since I connected it.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Hero

If the devices that disconnect are using the 2.4Ghz WiFi band, suspect the Hub 5's 2.4Ghz WiFi band as being inoperable.

But I have both activated 2.4 and 5 GHz. And it stays connected for a while and while it's being used regularly.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Daddymc78,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've had some issues with devices connecting.

I'm not able to locate any details for you, can you confirm how things are since posting? 

Does a reboot of the hub help at all?

Alex_Rm

I may have something similar. For about 2 or 3 weeks a Reolink camera has routinely been getting disconnected from my Hub 5. Possibly since LG-RDK_4.6.24-2206.7 update? Nothing else is disconnected but most connections are wired; mobile phone is the only routine wireless and that does not disconnect. To reconnect the Reolink I have to reboot the Hub 5. Power cycling the Reolink doesn't work. There were no configuration or other changes before this began.

Thanks for your post @xxxyyyzzz, and I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the Reolink camera.

Have you possibly discussed the frequent disconnections with the manufacturer to see if any workarounds or alteration to the setting up of the device can help resolve this service issue?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn