cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 device connection issues

Kennyh2605
Tuning in

Hi all, I have the new hub 5 for a few months now and for the past few weeks wi fi connected tvs and Xbox x no longer are automatically connect or drop off I keep having to reboot the hub to get individual devices connected at different times. I didn’t have these issues with hub 3 and my package is £97 per month does anyone know any fixes? I’ve done all resets and hard resets etc it a nuisance having to reboot every time I want to use a device!!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Hero

Perhaps the Hub 5 WiFi has a fault.

Install a WiFi Analyser app on your mobile phone  (free from the App store / Play store), check to see the Hub 5 is providing a WiFi signal on both 2.4Ghz and on 5Ghz.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Hero

Perhaps the Hub 5 WiFi has a fault.

Install a WiFi Analyser app on your mobile phone  (free from the App store / Play store), check to see the Hub 5 is providing a WiFi signal on both 2.4Ghz and on 5Ghz.

I have installed one or two but can find anywhere that takes me to check either 2.4 of 5 any advice would be great. 
Thanks 

Usually there is a switch or a filter to select 2.4 or 5 Ghz.

The other option is if there is a list of the available Access Points

SSIDs on channels 1 to 13 are 2.4Ghz

SSIDs on channel 36 to 140 or higher are 5Ghz

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Use hub in modem mode and get a better wifi router with 1Gb ports
---------------------------------------------------------------

That’s not what I’m paying for though, I’m paying for a service that isn’t fit for purpose. If I didn’t pay my £97 per month they wouldn’t be long in restricting me. My hub 3 was fine and they roped me into taking a new contract with this “amazing” hub. 

Its all up hill for saying that but their really is nothing VM can do so your option is to cancel

all hubs are bad but for most they work fine as to why that is I guess they just didn't run in to problems so VM will end up saying that and blame you even if your own router works fine making it a VM problem but then VM will say its because you got a router that works with your stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Kennyh2605, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry you are having some connection issues.

I have taken a look from our side and I can't see any major issues at all, everything is looking great.

Your levels are very good which is great.

Anything gaming related I would personally try and use a wired connection if you can. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?