cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 connectivity

Slatman31
Tuning in

I successfully installed the Hub 5 yesterday but it keeps dropping connectivity resulting in a blue flashing light. I can resolve the issue by rebooting it but is there an issue that needs to be resolved as I don't want to do this several times a day?

I have a Wireless Access Point that is connected via a powerline adapter that I have completely disconnected to see if it was causing the issue but connectivity is still being lost. What does the blue light signify and can I resolve whatever this issue is without an engineer? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Blue light was apparently a sign that it hadn’t completed the required updates/downloads. That combined with repairs taking place somewhere on the system contributed to the issue. 

System started working well on the Friday and have been fine since. I have connected the wireless access point via the power line adapters and no further issues. Thanks. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Slatman31 

Check that the WPS button on the back of the hub isn't stuck/pressed down.

A flashing blue light on the hub 5 is generally when shown when the WPS button has been pressed and the hub is searching for the equipment to connect to.

It might be an idea to try a hard reset too. Keep the reset button pressed in for around 45 seconds to a minute, and remove all ethernet cables before doing that. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I have tried 2 separate hard resets that fix the issue initially but the service still drops out randomly throughout the day. 

The blue light has not returned but the white light remains solid despite no internet being available. 

Hi Slatman31

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. I am sorry to hear of the issues with the new Hub 5. I have done a system check and can see you've spoke to the team since posting and we've booked you an engineer visit, let us know how this goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Blue light was apparently a sign that it hadn’t completed the required updates/downloads. That combined with repairs taking place somewhere on the system contributed to the issue. 

System started working well on the Friday and have been fine since. I have connected the wireless access point via the power line adapters and no further issues. Thanks. 

Hey Slatman31, thank you for letting us know this.

I am glad there isn't any more issues.

Please do reach out in the future if you do need us. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?