Sean79bailey
Joining in

Due to ongoing hub WiFi issues when can I get an updated hub 5 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Probably sometime next year. Unless you are invited to try one out. Whether it will solve your wifi issues is a different question altogether.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Extenders work on WiFi Hub 4 does not. If its not fixed maybe time for a new provider as this has been an ongoing issue 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Re. wifi see this

To address the wifi issues, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing cheap and cheerless “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you.

You do have to call in to order the first one (cant do it online the website is borked) - or try the web-chat or Whatsapp functions (that has worked for some) - or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you .

If not… you will be charged £5/month (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

You would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2,3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic

A hub 5 on it's own will only improve your WIFI if your devices are WIFI 6 compatible, maybe invest in a mesh system.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Sean79bailey,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our Community.

What Hub do you currently have?

Do you have any Pods? 

I can take a look at  this for you if you wish.

Gareth_L

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"A hub 5 on its own will only improve your WIFI if your devices are WIFI 6 compatible, maybe invest in a mesh system."

Not necessarily so, there are a lot of factors involved and it may not even improve the WiFi is every location.

Everyone thinks the HUb5 and WiFi6 is the best thing since sliced bread, not so.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2