cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - can I get one

twlight39
Tuning in

So I have been a customer for over 20 years 

last year we upgraded from 500 mb to 1gb and given a hub 4 and had nothing but problems with it can’t get full speed Sam knows says we only getting 300 which is less than before speeds are up and down wired or Wi-Fi so we getting less than before 

we have contacted executive team who looked into it we had 4 new hub 4 same problem slower speeds and cuts us of all through out the day 

we had 5 engineers and area manager all have said we need the hub 5 but can’t supply it at the time as shortage that was 8 months ago 

we was told on your social media no shortage now and can see all new customers who sign up 1 gb get hub 5 but after calling again today we told no hub 5 available but convenient we asked if we want to a better deal ie a new contract first 

so far we had 4 new hubs rewired new cable placed inside new cable installed from pavement to house and no difference I have also tried borrowing a router from a friend hun 5 bypassing your hub and guess what everything works and full speeds so it’s definitely a hub 4 issue so how can I get my hub 5 because at present contract runs out may and I will be leaving after 20 plus years if not sorted I not going to be pushed into a new deal ie new contract when you can’t even sort this problem out 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@twlight39 wrote:

According to engineers I need hub 5 to get full 1 gb to one device and to fix the constant disconnect during the day.... 

Did they really say that the Hub5 would fix the dropouts? Really? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

24 REPLIES 24

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Something sounds all wrong here?  You have had upteen engineers, fully rewired, multiple Hub 4's and still only getting 300Mb?

As for "by passing" the Hub with another Router, do you mean you used Modem mode and then you get full speed?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I bypassed the hub 4 with tp link so removed hub 4 altogether and got full speeds 

Once Virgin hub was removed got full speeds they replaced hub 4 4 times as it kept cutting off mid online matches wired and Wi-Fi all engineers have run tests saying they get full speed here using there equipment but as soon as they test through hub it drops again we have tried modem mode exactly the same we had hub 3 before and getting full speeds 550 mb it’s o my since we had hub 4 

they keep saying we need hun 5 as hub 4 not made full speed to anyone device apparently 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@twlight39 wrote:

I bypassed the hub 4 with tp link so removed hub 4 altogether and got full speeds 

You cannot bypass the VM Hub.  You must have been using Modem mode.  I'm just curious as to why after all this VM "work" they cannot get the Hub 4 to run at the 1Gb tier?  If that's the case, a Hub 5 will be no better.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@twlight39 wrote:

Once Virgin hub was removed 

That is just impossible, and raises doubts about your other statements. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I have no idea it’s what all the engineers told me and when placed in modem mode it’s ok apart from cutting in and out all day 

Yes that’s what I meant modem mode thing 

So you don't need a hub 5 then?
---------------------------------------------------------------

According to engineers I need hub 5 to get full 1 gb to one device and to fix the constant disconnect during the day and speeds keep dropping either way if not sorted by end of April I am leaving why should I pay for service I not getting