cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - are we there yet ?

webBeAsTspider
Joining in

Hi,

Any news on the hub 5, I'm really keen on unlocking the extra speed via the 2.5Gb port.

10 REPLIES 10

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Why did VM round up the speed to 1Gb if they said 940Mb no one would care.😑

---------------------------------------------------------------

VM has technical speed of 1,130Mbps, I'm missing out on at least 130Mbps which is more bandwidth than BT FTTC broadband services, my last internet connection via BT was a poxy 76Mbps, BT full fibre roll out is taking forever, they're useless.

VM quotes 1Gb because that's the max speed out of their hub 4, eventhough I get 945Mbps due to network over head.

I've got no problem with providing hub5 feedback with beta firmware, I don't get why it's taking so long, I'd even pay for it to upgrade if need be.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub4 does offer 1G total for multiple connections, it's only individual connections that are restricted to 940Mb. Very few people only have one connection active at any one time.

Yes, I would like 2.5 port, my router accepts up to 10G on its WAN port.

But to answer your question, the Hub5 is still in trial status to selected customers only, even I cannot get one. There are reports that the hub's firmware has not been updated for some people since its release over 6 months ago. Even when it's released I expect it will be for new customers initially, there will be no 'I want one' issue of hubs.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I'm one of the very few, also I have the hub4 in modem only mode with a single 1Gb connection to my router, my router is only 1Gb so if / when I get a hub5 I'll probably use it in standard mode with a 2.5Gb switch. I'm not sure what routers fully support 2.5Gb, possibly a bit pointless looking until I get my hands on a hub5.

It would be nice to get a ETA for the hub5, I wonder is VM struggling for money or something, why is it taking so long ?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"why is it taking so long ?" probably the one man who does it is on holiday and the dog is struggling with the firmware!

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi webBeAsTspider

Welcome back to the community. 

Really sorry to hear that you've not heard yet regarding a Hub 5 upgrade invitation. Please make sure that your contact information is all correct on your online account and you are Opt'd in to marketing. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carely,

Your comment seems to suggest there's a way to get a hub5 ? I've not seen any invite, is there something I can do to opt in ? Can you opt me in to recieve a hub5 as a beta tester or whatever ?

Hi webBeAsTspider

Thanks for coming back to us. Sorry for any confusion caused, it's completely random but the point my colleague was making was ensuring your email is upto date with us etc, as the team would contact you via this way. Best.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Afternoon, I am in the same position... have a hub 4 but on the 1GB service.... any chance of getting a Hub 5 invite?? 🙂