Joining in

Does the hub 5 work with the wifipods 

12 REPLIES 12

Portery
Fibre optic

The hub 5 is now compatible with pods

Portery
Fibre optic

You would need to download the connect app and run a scan of the rooms in your property and if the app picks any issue and you would benefit from having the pods it will give you the option to order .  The 2nd option would be call customer service where they can do a diagnostic of ur services and they may offer the pods. More info on wifi max https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max?_gl=1*1e7ew67*_ga*MTQ2OTI5NDYxNS4xNjY5MTU3NTY5*_ga_7NQRHWTHK9*M...

If you are an 02 customer and you have volted you would get them free depending on the diagnostics.  If you are a 1 gig customer they are free any other packages you will be charged £8 per month.

Hi thankyou for response appreciated,

I did have 3 pods connected to my hub 4, upgraded to the hub 5 last week. The Pods were showing on the app.and router and had devices connected to them. Then they wouldn't connect sunday ,had engineer out this evening he said the pods don't work and aren't compatible with the hub 5 and took them away with him. Is this correct ?

Thanks 

@Samstar117 wrote:

Hi thankyou for response appreciated,

I did have 3 pods connected to my hub 4, upgraded to the hub 5 last week. The Pods were showing on the app.and router and had devices connected to them. Then they wouldn't connect sunday ,had engineer out this evening he said the pods don't work and aren't compatible with the hub 5 and took them away with him. Is this correct ?

Thanks 

No it’s not correct and you were ripped off, what do you think the chances are that you are still being charged for them?

Ill contact them tomorrow prob wont get me anywhere tho, fed up of every agent lieing and telling you different things. 

The hub 5 has different design pods, i am sure the new ones have 2 ethernet ports and have to be pre-paired to the hub 5 so they just "work"

Aghh I see. Whats the betting they don't want to send me 3 of the new ones. Seem to just go round in circles when contact the agents .

Been in touch apparently I can't order them to be replaced online or through the agent, they have to be done and replaced by engineer when he visits . So hard to get anything done or sorted , whats the betting they have no clue when they arrive and don't carry pods with them. 

that can't be right? you just ring them up and they give you them? thats what i was told.  Its a waste of time engineer coming around, unless its a new policy