cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 and Sky q connection problem

davidrobertson
Tuning in

Nothing but problems since I switched out the Hub 3 for the Hub 5 two weeks ago. Have to reset sky q connection to the hub twice a day and given up trying to get the sky q mini to talk to anything. Had to seperate the 2.5 and 5 g b4 I could get any connection at all, but this is useless. All the pc's and tablets and phones are fine.

I either need to know when this new hub will work properly, or how do I go back to the Hub 3 I still have.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

You will need to call VM but my advice would be to try tomorrow at 8am and follow the 'thinking of leaving us' options for best chance of getting through to the UK based call centres. Explain that you would rather not leave but the equipment they have supplied just isn't working and you require it be swopped out for a Hub 3. Mention that you were not properly informed that the 5 was being given out on a trial basis and there may be bugs (and there really are some) which may or may not be fixed at a later date.

Ah; just noticed that you say that you still have the old 3, in which case even easier, they simply need to re enable it on your account which will disable the 5 and they will probably want that back.

The only other option would be to stick the Hub 5 into modem mode and hence disable all of the routing and WiFi features and purchase your own WiFi router.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

You will need to call VM but my advice would be to try tomorrow at 8am and follow the 'thinking of leaving us' options for best chance of getting through to the UK based call centres. Explain that you would rather not leave but the equipment they have supplied just isn't working and you require it be swopped out for a Hub 3. Mention that you were not properly informed that the 5 was being given out on a trial basis and there may be bugs (and there really are some) which may or may not be fixed at a later date.

Ah; just noticed that you say that you still have the old 3, in which case even easier, they simply need to re enable it on your account which will disable the 5 and they will probably want that back.

The only other option would be to stick the Hub 5 into modem mode and hence disable all of the routing and WiFi features and purchase your own WiFi router.

Thanks for the advice. If I went down the Hub 5 modem mode route, which router would you suggest?

Hi davidrobertson,

Thanks for posting and sorry to see you've been having some connection issues. 

I've had a look at things from our side, and can see there is a power issue, and an engineer is needed.

Before I can arrange this I'll need to confirm a few details with you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm