cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 and Samsung S21 Ultra

amoVM
On our wavelength

Hi,

My Sons S21 Ultra disconnects from the 5ghz network after a few days and then will not reconnect until the router is reset.

I've got the same phone with no issues.

Samsung seem to suggest its a router issue, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

22 REPLIES 22

amoVM
On our wavelength

do you mean VM will not provide a fix?

What router did you buy?

thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@amoVM wrote:

do you mean VM will not provide a fix?

What router did you buy?

thanks

In time it might get better but that time I longer away then near.

Routers I use are high end with AP doing the wifi for what you need is a home router lots of them about like.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZyXEL-Armor-Multi-Gigabit-AC2600-Router/dp/B08KGSQWTT/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&k...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RT-AX55-Dual-band-MU-MIMO-AiProtection-Adaptive/dp/B08CBC9B7X/ref=sr_1_7?dc...

---------------------------------------------------------------

amoVM
On our wavelength

what about the hub4, is it any better?

thanks

Hi amoVM. 

To be honest I would stick with the Hub5 as we have passed your issues onto to relevant Team to deal with this.

Gareth_L

amoVM
On our wavelength

Hi,

Have your tech team made some updates/changes?

Reason why I ask is that my sons phone is now connecting to the 5ghz network without disconnections. 

Will will monitor this for the next week.

Thanks

Hi amoVM,

We have passed this on to the project team, but haven't received updates off the back of it as of yet.

Great to hear this is now working 🙂

Alex_Rm

amoVM
On our wavelength

sorry to say it reoccurred yesterday 😞

Hi amoVM

Thanks for coming back to us. You need a tech visit as all your upstream power levels are out of spec.

I'll send you a PM now to book this in.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

amoVM
On our wavelength

You may recall that you said there were problems with the power levels last month and the engineer replaced the hub even though he could not see any problems?

Hi amoVM

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in. This will be viewable on the online account - virg.in/myVM

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill