Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Wifi Speed

RussOnlinee
Tuning in

Hi,

I’m new to this forum and not technically minded so please go easy on me 🙂

I’ve just upgraded from the Hub 3 350mb internet and the speeds were great through Wi-Fi and Ethernet. Installed the Hub 5 as I upgraded to the 1GB Volt and the Wi-Fi speeds are not that much faster than the Hub 3 for me.

IPhone 13 Pro is only getting just over 400mbs, the two Xbox Series X and two PS5’s in the bedrooms are only getting around 400mbs, sometimes less. Sometimes I see the Xbox’s switch to the 2.4ghz which then can’t even get over 150mbs.

I created split channels, 2.4ghz and 5ghz ad hooked all the consoles, phones and tablets to the 5ghz which helped, roughly around 400mbs.

Surely I should be getting more than this? 

I’ve phoned Virgin Media, who’re so difficult to deal with. They advised I should not be splitting the SSID.

Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be great.

cheers Russ

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Steven,

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes, pod will arrive tomorrow as upstairs Wi-Fi signal is low compared to other areas in the house. Fingers crossed that this work.

I’m currently dealing with a guy named Ansu at Virgin. He will call me on Monday to see how the wifi pod is working and whether it’s helped.

Will surely keep you informed.

Regards

Russ

Hi Russ, thanks for the reply and welcome back to the forums. 

The pods will take a few days to fully initialise, have you found that the service has improved since the installation? 

How is the service at the moment?

Kind regards, Chris. 

jhuk
Trouble shooter

You cannot run the POD's with the channels Split, it needs to all be on Auto.

WIFI 6ax should be faster than what you are getting, the PS5 AFAIK is also WIFI 6ax.

Over WIFI I get 600-700Mb/ on HUB4 and POD with my PC and Nvidia Shield (both primarily used wired) and Android Phone (wired it gets the full 940Mb/s.)

SamKnows built into the HUB is fickle and the Speedtest on their website as it is the slowest, I have ever seen.