cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Wi-Fi dead spots help pls

hub51gbs
Joining in

Hello all. 

I have recently been upgraded to the virgin volt 1gbs service and the problem I have is that my router is in the attic and I had it connected to my develo mesh Wi-Fi 2 power lines on the ground floor (connected via Ethernet from the router) and everything was working fine on the ground floor from the living to the garage. 

since the upgrade to the hub 5 I keep losing connections on my power line every minute for about 10 seconds and it causes issues with my ring doorbell etc when viewing the feed it keeps freezing/pausing. I am not sure if it is because the hub 5 is Wi-Fi 6 or maybe something else. I have tried factory resetting the develos moving them etc but they still keep losing connection. 

I was wondering if someone can advise me if I can maybe buy a couple of routers and link them to my hub 5 router in the attic via Ethernet or some Wi-Fi hotspots ?  Virgin sent me the Wi-Fi pods which do a good job but problem is that I cannot get a connection in the garage via the pods but they do work well in other places but I need to get Wi-Fi also to the garage as I have my car charger there. 

thanks in advance for anyone responding trying to help !!

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi hub51gbs,

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your WiFi network. It is possible there may be a compatibility issue but we're unable to help with third party equipment so I'll leave those questions for the Community to answer. 

We'd love to take a look in to the hub data though to ensure all this is correct and optimal but have been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. We will need to confirm some information with you in order for us to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi hub51gbs, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to let us know all is resolved for you now. 

If you have any further issues, don't hesitate to pop back to us in the Community. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs