cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE selection

dcbrown
On our wavelength

I selected the WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE option in my HUB5 WIFI security setup but noticed that nothing connected to it. My household mostly have iPhones on ios15 or ios16, and also modern laptops.

I then selected just the WPA2-PSK setting and everything connected okay.

I assumed selecting the mixed one would allow devices to connect whether they used WPA2 or WPA3. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Am I doing something wrong? Why is there a mixed option if it stops anything from connecting?

Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

Client62
Legend

There is nothing wrong with adjusting the Hub 5's WiFi settings to make it compatible with existing WiFi equipment.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like it’s another bug in the hubs firmware. WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE option should work, I have a similar option on my WAPs and all WiFi devices connect ok including iPhones and iPads all on the latest release of Apple firmware. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jimthing
Superfast

Has this been fixed now (Aug 2023)? Does setting "WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE" work for WPA2-PSK devices now? 

Client62
Legend

In which version of Hub 5 firmware is this compatibility issue fixed ?

Dunno, as I asked IF this has been fixed, not stated that it HAS been fixed.

FWIW, my Hub 5 is on: 

• Hardware version: 1.1
• Software version: LG-RDK_4.6.24-2206.7

As per the normal SNAFU with VM help, the link below with info is useless, as it doesn't even mention anything about WPA3, never mind info on best settings advice: 🙄

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/enhance-your-wifi-security

Hi @jimthing thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised.

We aren't aware of any known issues at the moment but we're glad the other methods are working for you.

If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

I didn't say they were working for me. I asked if this issue has been fixed... has it? 

Hi @jimthing thanks for your reply.

As mentioned, we aren't aware of any known issues with this - this would be widely circulating in the Community if there was instances of this.

Can you please try a full factory reset to see if this helps? 

Many thanks

Tom_W

jimthing
Superfast

I just turned on the "WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE" setting and it seems to be working across devices. 

Although the Help link below should still be updated to be compliant with the current routers Virgin Media are supplying customers, as your average user isn't going to be able to read anything about this setting when they search VM help are they, leaving them helpless: 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/enhance-your-wifi-security