cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Packet loss and latency

Jonnyboybick
On our wavelength

Hi there,

I used to have a hub 3 that would regularly disconnect and was impressed that for the first week my new hub 5 would be online 24/7. It was a miracle.

Now about 2 weeks later I am plagued with packet loss and random high latency every few seconds, see image attached.

I had a technician come round who had no idea how to test my internet other than speedtest on his phone. It was honestly embarassing, he didn't know what BQM was or even what I was doing when pinging google.

Please help.

Thanks,

Jon

My BQM 

49 REPLIES 49

2022-01-14 - Packet Loss.png2022-01-15 - BQM.png2022-01-15 - Packet Loss.png

My BQM 

Hi @Jonnyboybick

I'm really disappointed to hear this issue is still ongoing for you. 

Look through the systems there is most definitely an SNR issue. I would recommend that a repull be worked from the cabinet. 
I can see that you had a technician booked today, let us know how that goes and what they advise.

All the best,

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thank you for the reply. The technician actually knew about networking which was great. He did some stuff and said if it doesnt fix it then theyd replace the fibre cable which i assume is a repull?

My BQM 

I know it's early days, but your BQM is looking very good right now.

Yes so far so good. I'm optimistic, but going to give it a few days of testing first.

2022-01-19 - BQM.png2022-01-19 - Working.png

My BQM 

Hi Jonnyboybick
Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community sand welcome, I have had a look our end and things are looking good, no issues which stand out, your last BQM you posted also looks good, how have things been since your last post on Wednesday?

Regards

Paul.

So far so good, I will be more confident after the weekend has passed as I did have a spell of good connectivity before. I am quietly confident though!

My BQM 

Hi @Jonnyboybick,

Thanks for getting back to us and providing us with a link to your live BQM too. I've taken a look and I can't see anything notable of concern there. How are things on your end over the weekend?

Let us know if you're continuing to face connection issues, and if so we can investigate further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Looks like its all sorted now. Finally! I just want to say thanks to Gareth who helped and kept in contact throughout the whole ordeal and to the rest of you showing up after its fixed, where were you 8 weeks ago?

Hopefully don't speak to you for a year.

If anyone is viewing this thread after experiencing the same issues, I phoned through to Virgin Media and didn't select any options so I couldn't get the automated engineer booking. I then explicitly asked for a Senior Engineer a few times and got one.

The complaints process is a joke, I have had 3 replies all which have sent me leaflets on how to position my hub for the best wifi strength.

My BQM 

Hi @Jonnyboybick

Thank you for getting back to us to let us know! I have passed on your feedback internally to Gareth - but we are all really pleased this has now been resolved. 

Apologies for your experience with the complaints process - I can see there is still an open complaint on our systems for you. 

I will send you a PM to discuss the complaint a little further and help get it resolved for you! 

We can return to the public thread to update it following this. All the best. 

Molly