cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Packet loss and latency

Jonnyboybick
On our wavelength

Hi there,

I used to have a hub 3 that would regularly disconnect and was impressed that for the first week my new hub 5 would be online 24/7. It was a miracle.

Now about 2 weeks later I am plagued with packet loss and random high latency every few seconds, see image attached.

I had a technician come round who had no idea how to test my internet other than speedtest on his phone. It was honestly embarassing, he didn't know what BQM was or even what I was doing when pinging google.

Please help.

Thanks,

Jon

My BQM 

49 REPLIES 49

Same engineer out again, didn't bother changing anything as it was working today and he was comparing to last time. Here are my BQM's for the last 4 days.

2022-01-07 - BQM.png2022-01-08 - BQM.png2022-01-09 - BQM.png2022-01-10 - BQM.png

My BQM 

Worked fine for 2 days then issue has come back. I say "fine" but really any % packet loss is bad. It's bad that I'm now considering 0-5% packet loss a good thing.

2022-01-11 - BQM.png2022-01-12 - BQM.png

My BQM 

Get worse again...

2022-01-13 - BQM.png2022-01-13 - Packet Loss.png

My BQM 

does ping to 194.168.4.100 drop as much?

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'll check as soon as i'm back online. Currently have 0 internet right now.

My BQM 

Yes it does I'm afraid.

My BQM 

I should also mention I've been moved onto the hub 4 now.

My BQM 

You could try asking the next technican that comes about to change the fiber boks (the R-ONU). It may or may not change anything, but instead of this standstill... 🙂

Thanks for the reply. Its been changed about 2 or 3 times now.

My BQM 

Morning all,

Can't even watch TV today, 80% packet loss...

I called Virgin yesterday who were unable to book me a senior technician to come out. They said their manager would call back. I received a phone call from a virgin customer service rep asking when I'm moving house and they'll setup my move for me?!?!?! I never said I was moving house! I explained the issue and they said their manager would call me back. No phone call since.

2022-01-14 - BQM.png2022-01-14 - Packet Loss.png

My BQM