cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 PC connection Issues.

md1239
Joining in

Recently received the Hub 5 however my PC is having major issues with keeping a solid connection over WIFI to the hub, looking on the forum it seems I may not be alone.

Firstly it appears to be solely to do with my PC. I have not noticed any other issues with any other devices wired or wireless. They also did not occur with the previous hub i had. 

My PC on the other hand regularly struggles to connect giving the error 'can't connect to this network' or will constantly drop a signal (several times an hour) sometimes it will reconnect sometimes it won't. A reboot of the router seems to do the trick most of time but after a while the problem reoccurs...

There doesn't seem to be a definitive answer on the issue but these are the things I have tried:

• Updating WIFI driver
  • Power Management settings
  • Disabled channel optimization 
  • Total reset of the hub.
  • Creating a guest WIFI seemed to work for a week or two which I couldn't work out why, until  the same issues reoccurred.

If anyone has any other possible solutions I would be grateful, thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The Hub5 is not on general release - its by invitation only - and you are effectively beta-testing it for them.

Just call in and tell them it is not fit for your purposes and you want the old Hub re-activating onto your account (easy if you still have it) or a Hub3/4 sending out

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Just get a cheap 1Gb ports wifi router and put the hub in modem mode
---------------------------------------------------------------

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi md1239,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with your broadband service. 

I have taken a look on our system and it we will need to do some more checks on this. 

I will private message you to confirm some details. 

^Martin

Thank you for the reply,

I think it may be the way to go, It is very frustrating as the performance of the hub at longer distances is much improved. When it works I'm Getting about 4x the speed where my computer is compared to my old hub, but i guess the key there is when it works!