cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - Keeps Disconnecting from Android Phone

Vauban
Tuning in

I have a Hub 5, but am having real problems with it.  My Android phone - a Blackview A100 running Version 11 - keeps disconnecting from the wifi network.  It then connects to data - and takes about 10-15 seconds to reconnect to the wifi.  Sometimes it doesn't like to connect at all.  I also have problems with other wifi devices connecting consistently to the network (eg ispindel).

I never had these problems with my phone with previous router - and the phone works well on other wifi networks without an issue.  There no problem with the internet connectivity: others' devices are fine, as are the wired devices (like TV, Xbox, etc).

I have tried doing the usual things, including network reset (on phone and on Hub 5) and splitting the network into a 5ghz and 2.4 ghz networks.  But none of it has worked.  I had great service with the Hub 4, but this is a real pain and it needs a resolution.  Help please!

16 REPLIES 16

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You need to get a better router with 1Gb ports the hub 5 has problems its better in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Vauban

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your phone.

Can you please tell me if you have contacted the manufacture of the phone? As your other devices seem to be working okay?

Many thanks.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for replying.  The problem only seems to affect my android phone and the WiFi ispindel device (which keeps disconnecting from the network).  It's not a problem with the phone - because a) the phone works on every other WiFi network without any issue and b) it also worked fine before Virgin upgraded me to a hub 5.  The problem is with the hub 5 unfortunately.

The resolution I am looking for, if it's not possible to fix this comparability issue between my android phone (and other WiFi devices) and the new hub is to revert to a hub 4. Because at the moment I am not getting the service I am paying for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For many people on here the Hub 5 is currently proving to be unfit for purpose. It is also still being trialled on a very limited basis presumably because of this. I think by process of elimination you have clearly demonstrated that it is the Hub that is at issue here not your phone. Call customer services and ask to revert back to the hub 4 for this reason. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response @Vauban,

Are you wanting to do a Hub swap? If so I can help you with this.

Let me know.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes please Hayley - may I go back to the Hub 4 (as everything was fine with that)?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One last thing to try perhaps?   Set the Hub 5 wifi to a lower legacy setting as below;

Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless signal
In the Wireless frequency 2.4GHz select Wireless mode > 802.11b/g/n/ax mixed
Select Apply changes

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. I thought this might have fixed it - but it doesn't seem to have unfortunately.

Hayley: can you arrange for a reversion of Hub5 to Hub4 please?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Vauban,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, please do not private message without me inviting you first, otherwise it can cause me to miss your message. I will send you a private message from this thread now so I can help you with this.

Please look out for my message.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team