cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 IPv6 setup?

Just1n
Tuning in

I Installed my Hub 5 yesterday and have noticed that none of my devices are connecting via IPv6

I've checking in the admin pages and ax is on for both 2.4 (set to 802.11g/n/ax mixed channel width 20MHz) and 5 Ghz (set to 802.11a/n/ac/ax mixed channel width 20/40/80 mixed) wifis

Can anyone suggest what I need to do get IPv6 working please?

p.s. on my network I have a combination of IPv4 and IPv6 capable devices

4 REPLIES 4

Timwilky
Fibre optic
VM do not provide IPv6 so the official answer would be you cannot.

However, put the hub into modem mode, hook up a gateway device that provides an IPv6 tunnel (I use pfSense/Hurricane electric tunnel broker) and et voila, a /64 address for your LAN.
Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

Ah ok, I think I might have confused WIFI6 (ax) with IPv6, completely difference things, should have done my research

P.S. the Hub5 seems decent so far

@Just1n wrote:

P.S. the Hub5 seems decent so far

Don't hold your breath..

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Just1n wrote:

Ah ok, I think I might have confused WIFI6 (ax) with IPv6, completely difference things, should have done my research

If you need IPv6, use a Tunnel as Tim suggested, or get an Openreach based ISP as 99% of them use IPv6.  There is a thread here somewhere which is over 10 years old, discussing VM's IPv6 (non) implementation .......

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks