cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Gremlins

grumpywurzel
Dialled in

I've recently upgraded to the 1 Gig Top Tier BB package, all seems to be ok ish, apart from a few things. I do have full speed if I'm right next to the router, which I expect.

1. The Virgin Media Connect app cannot find the new Hub 5, worked perfectly well with the Hub 3. This is even when I am virtually sat on top of the router, I've tried other areas of the house and still cannot connect. I've cleared the cache, saved data and uninstalled the app, then reinstalled it and still cannot connect.

2. I'm having issues with Wifi (slow device log in, random online gaming disconnect or drop outs) but obviously without the app working, I can't say it it's due to the device being at the edge of the range or whatever but I dont think it is, as the signal strength seems ok.

3. I can log into the router via 192.168.0.1 and if I run a Network Diagnostic, I do get "Your home network has a few problems" and a red triangle against the Checking Wifi Connections....

4. I alledgedly have at least one Wifi Pod (possibly a 2nd one on auto order) in the post, hoping this will help sort out the devices at the rear of the house (the ones that are really slow to connect to the router, but once the connection is made they seem to be ok)

Any help is really appreciated

Garry

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

1) VM's back end has not updated to hold the details of the new Hub 5. 

Try again in a few days to a week.

For now manage the Hub at http://192.168.0.1/

2) Look at the signal strength display on each device to evaluate the WiFi coverage.

3) VM's Hub diagnostics are as ever quite unhelpful

4) WiFi pods. Do you have in writing that these will be delivered ?

Ref the pods, I was told over Live Chat that one was ordered and the 2nd was going to follow that. Not had any emails to confirm, so it could well be all smoke and mirrors and I might need to contact VM again

grumpywurzel
Dialled in

Just an a bit of an update, the ability to manage the hub via 192.168.0.1 has stopped. Hub isnt showing any connected devices nor can complete any diagnostics, it just hangs when checking the Wifi. I have switched everything off, unplugged etc etc, no change.

App still doesnt do anything but that seems to be a running joke here and before anyone says anything, yes I have cleared the cache and no I dont have a vpn running. 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

All hubs seem to do this likely coding copying instead  of fixing the issue that happens best guess is you make connections to the hub and if you don't finish a connection the hub sits and waits which stops new connections to the hub UI.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi grumpywurzel, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the hub and pods. 

I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Thanks Chris, have replied 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi grumpywurzel, thanks for the message and PM. 

I am glad to see that this is on the way to becoming resolved, please reach out if you need anything?

Kind regards, Chris.