cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Ethernet connection issues

ChaLky2
Tuning in

Just set up the new Hub 5 and I am now unable to connect my pc/xbox via Ethernet connection. The connection will last between 10 seconds to 2 minutes and will disconnect/reconnect. I have also noticed my computer each time will create a new network.

For example, network 1, network 2, network 3...

Wifi seems to be unaffected. 

Anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi ChaLky2,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you are facing issues with devices connected Via an Ethernet cable, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you, there is currently a fault in your area, Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers area working to get this resolved ASAP, the fault was logged on 01/09/22 @ 17:25 and the estimated fix is tomorrow 08/09/22 @ 17:30, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

You can get updates either Via our Service Status or you can sign up for updates either by Text or Email on your Online Account.

Please reach back out if you do need any further help.

In regards to your Router being in Router or Modem mode it would only change if you purchased your own 3rd part Router and used ours as a Modem, when this is the case you would have physically changed this yourself and the light on the Router would be red.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
try a reset first

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker. See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Jbrennand, 

Thank you for your help. 

Unfortunately this didn't seem to work.. if anything the Ethernet is crashing even quicker now haha. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
is it in normal router mode - or modem mode ?

what other devices are on ethernet connections?

you tried different cables?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi 

Sorry I'm not very good with these kind of things. How would I know if its either in router mode or modem? 

Yes tried other cables but no good. Only things connected to the box is the TV Virign box and power line connector (TP Link). as my computer is upstairs. but through that its just my xbox and computer. 

Hi ChaLky2,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you are facing issues with devices connected Via an Ethernet cable, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you, there is currently a fault in your area, Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers area working to get this resolved ASAP, the fault was logged on 01/09/22 @ 17:25 and the estimated fix is tomorrow 08/09/22 @ 17:30, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

You can get updates either Via our Service Status or you can sign up for updates either by Text or Email on your Online Account.

Please reach back out if you do need any further help.

In regards to your Router being in Router or Modem mode it would only change if you purchased your own 3rd part Router and used ours as a Modem, when this is the case you would have physically changed this yourself and the light on the Router would be red.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul 

Thank you for reaching out. I don't suppose there are anymore updates on the repair? As it's now the 15th and still have connection issues. 

Hi ChaLky2, thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry your issue with your internet connection is still ongoing.  I can confirm that the estimated fix date/time for your area issue has been extended. The new date is 27th September at 9:00am.  I do need to reiterated, that this is an estimation, sorry.  Please do continue to monitor, as per my colleague's recommendations, if the information is showing there.

Regards

Lee_R