cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Errors and slow wifi

slackers
Tuning in

I've been having problems with Hub 5 and slow WiFi. Sometimes it's as slow as dial-up modem.

Rebooting doesn't alter the error. There's a single white led on the front of the box.

Attached screenshot from this morning showing 13.7/9.3 mbps.

Screenshot_20220301-080016.png

In Advanced Settings > Tools > Network Status > Downstream I get this error popup:

HTTP Error 500 "Internal Server Error"

Internal server error: Error: Unrecognised CCSP downstream modulation "" Stack: Error: Unrecognised CCSP downstream modulation "" at getDSModulationAPIValue (/www/jse/rest/v1/cablemodem/downstreamchannel.js:42) at getDownstreamChannel (/www/jse/rest/v1/cablemodem/downstreamchannel.js:61) tailcall at [anon] (/www/jse/rest/v1/cablemodem/downstream/primary.js:61) tailcall at global (/www/rest/front.jse:369) preventsyield (0)

Other tabs shown:

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID
16030000051.55120QAM 641
25370000050.85120QAM 642
34620000050.35120QAM 643
43940000049.35120QAM 644

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts
1ATDMA0000
2ATDMA0000
3ATDMA0000
4ATDMA0000

General Configuration

Network accessMaximum Number of CPEsBaseline PrivacyDOCSIS ModeConfig file

Allowed
Enabled
A,.iyewrkldJKDHSUBsgvca69

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFIDMax Traffic RateMax Traffic BurstMin Traffic Rate

230000061 bps
42600 bytes
0 bps

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFIDMax Traffic RateMax Traffic BurstMin Traffic RateMax Concatenated BurstScheduling Type

22000061 bps
42600 bytes
0 bps
42600 bytes
Best Effort

Network Log

Time Priority Description

01-03-2022 09:14:27noticeCM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 16; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 3.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
01-03-2022 08:49:34noticeCM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 3.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

The above two events are repeated every half hour or so.

Any help / advice greatly appreciated. If more information is required then please ask.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Slackers. 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with the service.

I would like to do all I can to assist so I am going to need to grab a few details via private message. Once I have access to the account, I will run some checks from our side to see if any problems can be identified. 

I'll pop this message over to you now and you will be able to access it via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Thanks 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your upstream power is right on the top end of the acceptable range, so that really should be lowered by a VM technician.  The range should be 34 to 51 btw.

How are you testing the speed as VM do not guarantee wifi speeds.  You need to do a wired test, using a Cat 6a cable direct to the Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks.  I'm realising that the two might not be related - so maybe I should have asked two questions.

I'm still getting the "Unrecognised CCSP downstream modulation" error despite reboots.  Would that be related to power levels? or some hardware fault?

Thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Slackers. 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with the service.

I would like to do all I can to assist so I am going to need to grab a few details via private message. Once I have access to the account, I will run some checks from our side to see if any problems can be identified. 

I'll pop this message over to you now and you will be able to access it via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Thanks 

Nat

Just to close this down, Nat suggested I factory-reset the device, which I did and it cleared the internal error.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for taking the time to update the thread slackers, I am really happy the issue has now been resolved 🙂 

Get in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Nat