cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 DOCSIS 3.1 STATS

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

@FORUMTEAM

We are seeing many Hub 5 cases where the DOCSIS 3.1 levels are reported as unavailable - i.e. not displayed with the DOCSIS 3.0 stats.

May we please have a statement on this ?  How can this data be acquired by Hub 5 users?

Being a community forum, it is difficult for the experts here to offer sensible advice in the absence of this all important data.

Thanks in advance.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Reported 24/11/2022 in the VIP forum to @danbayliss stated should be fixed by firmware update. Mine is still without these stats.

My view is that the Hub5 firmware was based on the Hub3 firmware not the Hub4’s. As the Hub3 had no DOCSIS 3.1 display code it got ‘forgotten’. This is based on reported issues originally with the Hub5 where the first web page said it was a Hub3 not a Hub5! This bit was soon fixed.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

@Tudor wrote:

Reported 24/11/2022 in the VIP forum to @danbayliss stated should be fixed by firmware update. Mine is still without these stats.

My view is that the Hub5 firmware was based on the Hub3 firmware not the Hub4’s. As the Hub3 had no DOCSIS 3.1 display code it got ‘forgotten’. This is based on reported issues originally with the Hub5 where the first web page said it was a Hub3 not a Hub5! This bit was soon fixed.

That’s the bit I miss having been defrocked:  The VIP Forum. 

Am I right in assuming that the FT enquire of the Hub using a different tool that we use?  In other words, they can see the D3.1 stats on the Hub 5?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Am I right in assuming that the FT enquire of the Hub using a different tool that we use?  In other words, they can see the D3.1 stats on the Hub 5?"

That’s too sensible!  VM to write two pieces of code to do the same thing., no way.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I'm thinking that they use a tool that queries the modem using SNMP, so the web interface is of no interest to them in this regard.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

@gitty wrote:
I'm thinking that they use a tool that queries the modem using SNMP, so the web interface is of no interest to them in this regard.

Yes - of course. They don’t need to know what SNMP means to follow a script!