cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Constant Disconnections

Karl5
Tuning in

I've recently installed the hub 5 and all devices in the house (including the TV via ethernet) experience disconnections frequently.

As previous posts suggested I have setup a broadband monitor and can see there is constant packet loss throughout the day.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/217786016b41724525a2d12ce28dee478f...

Previously I had the SuperHub 2ac and used a 3rd party netgear router which worked fine with little to no issues. I thought the new hub would mean I'd get a better experience not a worse one.

Can I get some help to sort this out please.

14 REPLIES 14

Hi Karl5, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us in the Forums. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your connection. Taking a look at our system, it does look as though your downstream power levels are not in the optimal range currently. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Karl, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

The visit from the engineer for tomorrow hasn't been booked on as such so it's likely the engineer is returning on his own accord. 

As this is already in progress, I'll hold off on booking another appointment for now. 

Please let us know how things go tomorrow and if you need further assistance, just let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Karl5
Tuning in

Engineer has been out and swapped the Hub 5 for another Hub 5. He said there has been some reports of issues with the firmware for the Hub 5 and this might be getting updated at some-point? I've updated the BQM with the new IP of the router and will monitor the network logs for MDD timeouts and/or other errors. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/217786016b41724525a2d12ce28dee478fc4da4b

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Maybe the hub 5 don't store packets buffered for the upstream too long to not cause a ping spike when there is a problem with your line so you get a packet loss?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Karl5
Tuning in

So even with a new hub 5 I was still getting the same intermittent connection issues and MDD timeouts in the logs.

Got the engineer out again to try a Hub 4 instead. It's been a couple of days and not had a single disconnection and no packet loss on the BQM. Latency is a bit all over but that's not really an issue that I can see when I'm using my devices.

Based on that there are definitive issues with the Hub 5, probably firmware related. I'd advise anyone getting a hub 5 not too and ask for a hub 4 instead at least for the next 6-12 months, not worth the hassle.

Anyone experiencing MDD timeouts and other intermittent connection issues - if you recently got a hub 5 and have only started experiencing this since the hub 5 was installed, then I'd recommend replacing the hub 5 with a hub 4.