cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4

Tina1971
Joining in

Since I received my new hub 4 router I’ve been having trouble connecting to my cctv. 
the cctv is connected to the hub via Ethernet, but I’m having trouble connecting via Wi-Fi to my mobile phone. Never had any problems until I got this new hub. If I unplug and plug back in the Ethernet it works for about 5 mins. Then when I check again it says connection failed. It’s driving me mad I’ve run tests etc on the hub, changed the Ethernet cable but it still happens. Any advice would be welcomed 

5 REPLIES 5

g0akc
Problem sorter

Are you connecting via an app?  Which one?  Is it to the WAN side or LAN?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

The app is iVMS-4500 for the hikvision cctv. 

@Tina1971 wrote:

The app is iVMS-4500 for the hikvision cctv. 

Have you seen that app and the service has been discontinued

https://www.hikvision.com/en/support/document-center/notice/notice-on-the-discontinuation-of-ivms-45...

try their new app

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Ok so I played around with the settings on the hub and in advanced settings/security/wireless MAC filtering if I select allow the cameras work on my mobile phone but the actual Wi-Fi says cannot join the network. I have a booster plug so the internet is going through that and my phone is connecting to that network. 

@Tina1971 wrote:

Ok so I played around with the settings on the hub and in advanced settings/security/wireless MAC filtering if I select allow the cameras work on my mobile phone but the actual Wi-Fi says cannot join the network. I have a booster plug so the internet is going through that and my phone is connecting to that network. 

I don't know how the camera is working or how it's connecting.

IP Security cameras (I'm excluding those connected via coax) can connect in a number of ways including;

• LAN side connection via wireless or Ethernet - OK if you only want to view whilst on the premises/in the house
  • WAN side - to public IP address - possibly involving DDNS, Port forwarding (sometimes by UPnP) and subject to if the router allows 'hairpin' connections with NAT - this allows the user to view whilst away from home
  • Via a proprietary website/servers, often provided by the manufacturer - DDNS may also be part of a package offered

You haven't answered my earlier question about how it's connecting - is an IP address set in the app, for example?

Are any Port forwarding rules set on the hub?

Have you tried with an external internet connection such as mobile data or Wi-Fi at another house/pub/coffee shop ?

Regardless - given that, as shown in the link I provided earlier, the manufacturer stopped supporting the app you are using in February, and apparently took the service (servers, DDNS etc.) away I suggest you follow their advice and update to their new app and service.  We could spend ages trying to troubleshoot otherwise.

See if the cameras work properly with the manufacturers new service and let us know..