cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4

weeshaz
On our wavelength

Has anyone managed to set up a Hub 4 without any problems ?

We have hub 3 but upgraded our broadband and Virgin have sent us the hub 4 bit im very nervous to change hubs as i keep seeing people having problems with all their 'levels & numbers' after changing hubs.

Also how do you go about checking the levels that show how well your router is working/ or not working ? 

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

weeshaz
On our wavelength

Great thank you! Our upgrade i dont think switches over until the 8th of this month, will the hub 4 work if i set it up tonight or should i wait until the 8th? It was explained to me, i upgraded as my contract was due to end on the 8th but they sent the new hub out straight away, its already been here almost a week ?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

lotharmat
Community elder
Navigate to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode)
Don't log in!
Click on 'router status'
Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs as text into a 'REPLY' as opposed to 'QUICK REPLY'. The forum software will remove the MAC addresses for you (If you get an error - just click the 'post' button again).

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

weeshaz
On our wavelength

Thank you! Sounds confusing! 

Is it a possibility that i will unplug my Hub 3, plug in my new Hub4 & have zero problems ????? 

weeshaz
On our wavelength

Also im worried my intelligent wifi pod wont connect to new hub, its conncted to my hub 3 & is the only reason we get wifi in 3 of our bedrooms, without it they were complete dead spots

@weeshaz If you have upgraded to the gig one tier then you absolutely have to use the Hub 4, the 3 simply isn’t capable of the providing the speed. In answer to your original question, yes, many, many users have successfully swopped the 3 for the 4 without issues, naturally these users never post here, you will only hear from the minority where it did go wrong.
As for the pods, I believe they are tied to the old hub and would need to be reset to work with the 4, if you call VM they should be able to repair them with the new Hub, you will need the MAC address of the new hub which should be on a sticker on the base.

weeshaz
On our wavelength

Great thank you! Our upgrade i dont think switches over until the 8th of this month, will the hub 4 work if i set it up tonight or should i wait until the 8th? It was explained to me, i upgraded as my contract was due to end on the 8th but they sent the new hub out straight away, its already been here almost a week ?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @weeshaz,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I can see that the forums team have been helping you with this 🙂

Let me know if there is anything else you need help with regarding this, I have also responded to you Wi-Fi pod post.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

weeshaz
On our wavelength

Yes i need my wifi pods provisioned to connect to my new hub. 

weeshaz
On our wavelength

I phoned Virgin 3 days ago & im still waiting for the technical team to call me back to do this for me 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @weeshaz,

Thank you for coming back to us. I can see that my colleague has been discussing this issue with you further via Private Message on your other thread. Have you been able to have this issue resolved?

Is there any further assistance you require?

Please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs