Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4

I have the 1gig internet with hub4. 

The internet (wifi and ethernet) cuts out at least once a day, which requires the hub manually turning off and back on to correct - not ideal when you have WiFi security cameras... 

And the speed coming out of the router is shocking (less than 90mbs some times) again over Ethernet or WiFi (can be the only device connected and sat next to the modem and still barely any speed). We have tried multiple cat 5 ethernet so we know the cable isn't faulty. 

Customer services keep saying the speed is coming into the house so it's our devices recieving that are the issues but we had much faster speeds on our old hub 2 before we upgraded 😖

Could this be a faulty router? When we do the diagnostic checks by logging into the router it tells us there's a problem but doesn't tell us what or how to fix it.

We've tried all the resets, and had an engineer out when we first upgraded but as it was new tech he didn't know what to do, we ignored the slowness as best as possible but it's getting worse😖 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4

What device are you Speedtesting with when wired?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

What speed do you get at >> Sam Knows Real Speed << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It doesn't matter what specced device you use for the SamKnows test as it measures the line speed at the hub.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@gary_dexter wrote:
It doesn't matter what specced device you use for the SamKnows test as it measures the line speed at the hub.

It measures the WAN speed to the Hub and LAN speed from Hub to Device.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes I'm aware of that - but for the measurement of the speed to the hub it can be done with any device.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Over wired we have tried on custom built desktop and Acer laptop; but again we had faster speeds on both devices prior to 'upgrading'. And on wifi we've used laptop and mobile phones too

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

We're getting less than 300mps when modem mode is enabled

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Post the network status from the hub - the network, upstream and downstream logs

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Cable Modem StatusItem Status CommentsChannel Overview Downstream Upstream

Cable Modem Status
DOCSIS 3.1
Primary downstream channel
SC-QAM