cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 won't reset after power outage

kas206
Joining in

Hi. I had a power outage last night and I'm no longe able to use my broadband or phone. The router is stuck in a bright white light Wifi name is not visible when trying to connect to it. I also plugged in an Ethernet cable and it wont get the IP address. 

I have tried to reset the hub multiple times by holding the reset button and it's just stuck on the bright white light. There's no pulsing or anything of that sort. 

I called up customer service and keep telling me that there's an outage in the area and so that's why the wifi network is not visible and also the reason I'm unable to reset my router. What a load of bull!

Could someone help please.

9 REPLIES 9

g0akc
Problem sorter

How long did you hold the reset button for?  

Try for a full 60 seconds and let it boot up for 10 minutes.  DO NOT power down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Held it for 60 seconds multiple times and for 2 minutes just to be sure. Nothing works

g0akc
Problem sorter

You should still have local LAN connections even if the WAN is down - so NAS and inter device data continue, for example.

The hub may be ‘busy’ trying to re-establish a broadband connection?

Try without the RF (coax) cable connection to the hub - including a reset 

note what I said about not powering  off during reset (some instructions out there are wrong).

If you still can’t connect to the hub management pages or get IP addresses on devices you may have a faulty hub?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Exactly, I should still be able to use the LAN even when the WAN is down. If I plug a Ethernet cable into my laptop windows says that the Ethernet is unplugged and to plug a Ethernet cable in. It not even detecting the connection. 

I will try to reset again today without plugging anything to the router to see if that will help I I have my doubts. Looks like the router is now faulty and will need replacing.

It does sound like it!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

g0akc
Problem sorter

How did you get on?  If the hub is faulty you will need to call VM again and go through it with them (sigh) or wait for a forum rep to come along here...

It's still not working after multiple tries to reset. 

I would rather have a mod on here to arrange a replacement than talk to customer service over the phone. They have absolutely no clue what's going on. 

If a mod could please arrange a replacement that would be really great. Thanks

Hi kas206, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your Hub. 

We're not able to send replacements but we can book an engineer to come and check things. They will check the Hub over and then look at either how to get things working or will replace it if needed. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi kas206, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to let me know you've already managed to book an engineer 🙂

Please update us on how the visit goes and if you need any further support, you know where we are 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs