cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 with TP-Link AX11000 and 1 Gig service, but speeds always around 500Mbps?

Dekenba
On our wavelength

I've switched my Hub 4 to modem mode and plugged in a TP-Link AX11000. The range is much, much better, and it handles everything solidly, with speed and ease.

BUT, my speeds never get anywhere near the 1Gig I'm supposed to get, despite the AX11000 being a very fast, tri-band. wi-fi 6 router. Speeds tend to be anything from 400Mbps to around 550Mbps, well short of what I'm paying for, and NEVER get anywhere near 1Gig.

The speeds are from the Speedtest App built into the AX11000 app, so I don't think it's a question of range or cable type?

Am I doing something wrong, or is the problem at Virgin's end?

25 REPLIES 25

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for the issues faced Dekenba,

To clarify on this, what speeds are you still receiving with us on router mode?

Regards,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dibble1967,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the speed issues faced, also with this one what was advised by the technician when they previously came out for this issue?

Regards,

Kain

Dekenba
On our wavelength

Kain,

I'm not wasting yet more of my time on this.  The speed is nowhere near 1Gig, either via ethernet or WiFi, and Virgin keep telling me the speed shows 1Gig at their end.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We are here to help if you change your mind, Dekenba. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Dekenba
On our wavelength

I've noticed the cable between the box on the front of the house & the router in the back of the house has a lot of bends in it - fourteen 90 degree bends, to be precise.

Would that affect the speeds I'm getting? I'm out of options with everything else, I've tried everything.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Try modem mode without your router with a PC in safe mode with networking.
---------------------------------------------------------------