cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 with 1130mbps

InverTein
Tuning in

Hello. Few hours ago I installed (properly) my new setup Hub 4 with 1130mbps speed.. Only what I have done with it is set new password and connect my PS5 by ethernet (on WiFi was only 1-5Mb/s with good signal) but even that doesn't work at should be. My old Kcom in England with only 400mbps I had much faster downloading speed.. but here on Hub 4 I'm getting around 460mbps on WiFi on 5ghz Next to the Hub.. where's mine 340mbps gone ? Like even while downloading the game, when I play online I having bad lag in game...I haven't any problems with my old and slower Broadband.. 

Things I've done to resolve it:

Hard reset Hub 4 and set up password.. 

Of course connected with proper cable etc.

Ethernet connected to PS5 is CAT7 (full speed with old router) but here with Hub4 I've got like around 10-25Mb/s.. 

Any ideas ? 

5 REPLIES 5

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Test it with a PC/Laptop wired (do not need CAt 7 and that cable may be fake crap) so try a good 5e or 6 cable.

You will see 940Mb/s Max (abouts) due to the limitation of a 1Gb/s port on the HUB4 and no doubt your devices, consoles etc can be slower for some reason (may be setting to change).

So how my PS5 can even slower on faster internet VM (same cable) when it was faster on slower internet Kcom (same cable) ? 

I can't test on laptop as my laptop doesn't have Ethernet port. 

IMG_20220408_073647.jpg

This is speed when I put my phone on my router. 

IMG_20220408_074258.jpg

 And this one is when I step 1 meter from this..

Cable from bundle CAT6 from Hub 4 making it even slower than CAT7 

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Ok first off there is some setting in the HUB4 GUI that can affect WIFI speed like the 20/40/80 setting but for now we need to know if you are getting full speed to the HUB4 and out of it via wire.

This is built into your HUB4 so run it:   https://samknows.com/realspeed/

I assume you used an OTG Ethernet Adapter with your phone to connect to the HUB4, check the Link Speed in your phone to see if it is 1Gb/s.

You could also check the Link Speed for the other devices that were using WIFI.

Hi there @InverTein 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the forums! Is great to have you on board.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been facing these issues since your move!

I can see that there are some issues with Hub spec on our side that will require an engineer to investigate.

I'll send you a PM now so we can look into this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.