cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 will not connect via Wifi to Sonos

IanMrshll
Tuning in

Installed Hub 4, renamed 5ghz network and rebotted all devices but still cannot get Sonos Play 1systen to set up on WiFi using S2app for Android.

Anyone else had this and knows a solution

Thx 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The solution from Sonos which has worked was to change the 2.4 network to 802.ll bgn and then use iphone to connect via wifi. Once this worked, Android device also connected with no further steps. Sonos say there is a known issue with Hub 4 and Android set up which they are working on.

Ian M.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Foxzac466
Tuning in

Have you checked that the Sonos works with an Ethernet cable? 

It does connect via Ethernet 

Hi @IanMrshll thanks for your post although I'm sorry you're having difficulties connecting to your Sonos.

Is keeping connected via an ethernet cable a practicable solution for you or do you still require further help?

Have you tried keeping your 2.4ghz and 5ghz frequencies the same - does this help?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi - re using ethernet - it's only a short term solution so need to try to solve the wireless problem.

When I first did the new set up I had the 2.4 and 5 joined and did not work.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Morning IanMrshll

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I have done a quick Google search on this as it's not something we'd normally get involved in and it's come up with another poster on our forums who said this; 

Issue resolved, make sure you hard reboot all your speakers. They need full factory reset to get them on the network. 

Try that 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks - will try after I check with Sonos if there's a best order in which to reset the speakers as I had already reset one of them but this did not solve the problem. I'll revert when done.

Ian M

The solution from Sonos which has worked was to change the 2.4 network to 802.ll bgn and then use iphone to connect via wifi. Once this worked, Android device also connected with no further steps. Sonos say there is a known issue with Hub 4 and Android set up which they are working on.

Ian M.

can you tell me how to do this please. And does it cause any issues with the signal from the hub for anything else afterwards?

Nothing else is affected.

Not sure which part you need help with and as more than 6 months has elapsed so Sonos and firmware likely to have been updated i recommend talking to Sonos tech support  -they are very good..