Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 wifi issues

I took delivery of a new Hub 4 in September and we’ve experienced continuous connection dropouts across all unwired devices ever since. We have done all the usual checks and tried calling VM spending nearly an hour on hold at a time with no success getting through. It’s getting highly frustrating when attempting to work from home with numerous video calls throughout the day. 

Virgin media - PLEASE can I get engineer support as there is clearly an issue with your Hub 4 going by the other posts that I can see.

Thanks

Jess

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 wifi issues

If wired connections are fine then put the hub into modem mode and use your own router or mesh system.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I only have one thing that’s one wired (via a Ethernet cable) everything else I use is via wifi. I don’t have my own router I rely on the virgin hub 4 so don’t really want to buy extra equipment to make something that previously worked (when I had the hub 3) work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Jaycee272 wrote:

I only have one thing that’s one wired (via a Ethernet cable) everything else I use is via wifi. I don’t have my own router I rely on the virgin hub 4 so don’t really want to buy extra equipment to make something that previously worked (when I had the hub 3) work.

Then you’ll be relying on inferior WiFi until you do. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well thank you for your input gary-dexter

Virgin media - any advice please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Jaycee272 wrote:

Well thank you for your input gary-dexter

Virgin media - any advice please?

They won’t give you any advice or send an engineer for WiFi issues.

Plus you’ll be waiting at least a week for a mod to reply. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jaycee272,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forums, many apologies for our delayed response.

I'm sorry to hear you've been facing some issues with your WiFi connection since installing your Hub 4. As Gary has advised, if it's only wireless devices which are experiencing issues, it mean that it's either an issue with your home WiFi set up, or an issue with the router itself.  Do all your devices drop at the same time?

I would also recommend taking a look at our WiFi hints and tips, to ensure that all your equipment is set up in the best way possible and you're getting the best out of your home WiFi set up. Even having your hub on the floor or in a confined space can have a noticeable affect on your connection and coverage, so it's worth taking a look.

Let me know if you still need help.

Beth 

0 Kudos