Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 very poor wifi signal

I recently upgraded to VM 1gib broadband and received the hub 4. However, with the hub in exactly the same location as my old hub 3 the wifi range and strength is far worse. I live in a small 2 bed flat which only has stud walls but the wifi signal is very poor and keeps dropping in any room other than the room with the hub in. From other forum posts it seems like this is a known issue but is there any way of improving the issue without buying an expensive external route or mesh system?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 4 very poor wifi signal

Hub4 users are entitled to free wifi boosters - call in for them. Worth trying as they are free to you - but wont hold a candle against anything you buy for yourself 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John - could you recommend a booster if I was to buy one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would never recommend a booster.

I would say get either...

1) A Mesh System
2) A Wireless router
3) A Wireless access points
OR
4) A combination of the above

Of you want more info - post back 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again John. Would you be able to recommend a wireless router which has a 1gb Ethernet port? Always good to get a recommendation otherwise I will try Google 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@BBB1710 wrote:

Thanks again John. Would you be able to recommend a wireless router which has a 1gb Ethernet port? Always good to get a recommendation otherwise I will try Google 😉

What’s your budget? And coverage required?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Very good questions 🙂 Ideally I wouldn't want to spend more than £100 and our flat is a pretty small 2 bedroom c.730 sq ft. VM hub is on the upper floor and bedrooms where we now have issues with signal strength is the floor below.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Look at the TP-Link Deco M4 3-pack

--------------------
John
--------------------