cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 upgrade link

Andrew3651
Dialled in

Had an email telling me I could claim an upgrade to Hub 4. Unfortunately (and not for the first time) the link sent by Virgin doesn't work.

Happening to anyone else?

146 REPLIES 146

oh they exist and are atrocious my speed has reduced by 50% and get no WiFi inn the home 

reduces speed and stopped my Wifi in the home 

Heard you the first time mate 🙂

@boosteruk wrote:

reduces speed and stopped my Wifi in the home 

Reduces what speed? Wired or wireless?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Timref
Tuning in

CS doesn't get any better... asked if I can get the Hub 4, poor girl said she couldn't see so would put me through to technical... half an hour on hold and gave up!

@Timref wrote:

CS doesn't get any better... asked if I can get the Hub 4, poor girl said she couldn't see so would put me through to technical... half an hour on hold and gave up!

Why do you want one given the consistently bad rep it gets on here?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

it’s sad that the Hub 4 still appears to be as bad !

Given the consistently bad comments about the virgin Hubs, it amazes me why they don’t just let people use their own cable modem and be done with it - like most provers do in the USA. 

they could save themselves a fortune in customer service calls - lol

2 X ASUS RT-AC66U B1's in AP mode

@Geoff_UK wrote:

it’s sad that the Hub 4 still appears to be as bad !

Given the consistently bad comments about the virgin Hubs, it amazes me why they don’t just let people use their own cable modem and be done with it - like most provers do in the USA. 

they could save themselves a fortune in customer service calls - lol

You can put it into modem mode. 

My Hub 3 has only ever been in modem mode - people still seem to complain about them  

I wondered if the hub 4 was a better modem than the hub 3 - seems not.  

2 X ASUS RT-AC66U B1's in AP mode

@Geoff_UK wrote:

My Hub 3 has only ever been in modem mode - people still seem to complain about them  

I wondered if the hub 4 was a better modem than the hub 3 - seems not.  

Most people here are in router mode and gawp at the idea of spending extra money on decent kit