cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 upgrade link

Andrew3651
Dialled in

Had an email telling me I could claim an upgrade to Hub 4. Unfortunately (and not for the first time) the link sent by Virgin doesn't work.

Happening to anyone else?

146 REPLIES 146

Same issue here.

The link doesn't work properly and being told it is a scam, but obviously not as it is hosted on the virginmedia.com website.

Can anyone from Virgin help on here ??

Thanks in advance

45 mins got through to someone who acknowledged there is a team rolling H4 out to non 1gbps customers and that mail is not a scam. He is mailing my account details to the team's manager so they can send out. Hopefully they'll in fact sort those links generally. Meanwhile having basically been accused of being a liar, I've requested a call transcript and am lodging a complaint. 

I did point out that suggesting genuine emails are scams is *really* not helpful. 

I really don't think I have the willpower or energy to give them a call now 😞

Can a Virgin Media representative on here resolve this please ?

Thanks

yeah, my previous reply should have read 1hr 45 mins. Took me two hours to get a resolution. So, I can't recommend calling. Never do. If a VM rep could provide a more universal fix that'd make a whole lot of sense.

Rog22
On our wavelength

Followed Andrew's lead but this time managed to speak to a more helpful rep who is passing on my details to his manager to communicate with the H4 team. Fingers crossed but it would save VM a lot of hassle if they simply fixed the web page which is linked to the offer email...

Mikeyj57
Joining in
Confusing rubbish service really.
Got the e-mail, did what it asked me to do and requested a delivery date of yesterday (26th October). No indication that anything was wrong but didn't get any confirmation or a delivery.
Having read this thread, decided to give it another go and resubmitted based on a delivery of the 1st of September. Got a message saying that something went wrong with the submission of the form so I decided to give it up as a lost cause.
Then about two minutes later, I get a confirmation e-mail saying they had received the request!
Need to sort their IT out - maybe I can help as I work in IT! 🙂

Rog22
On our wavelength

That's interesting Mikey. Are you saying that you were able to click on the link and the webpage with prefilled pesonal details worked for you? It hasn't worked for others, so wonder if the problem is browser related. I've tried with Chrome and Edge. Do you have any suggestions - i'm thinking about browser security settings or similar?

Marcop
On our wavelength

I’m on Virgin’s 100Mbps service near Reading, in an area where they’ve rolled out the 1 gig service. I was rung up twice by Virgin Media to offer me a free upgrade to a Hub 4. First time I thought it was a scam and said not interested, second time said yes and received the new router two days later (today).