cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 upgrade link

Andrew3651
Dialled in

Had an email telling me I could claim an upgrade to Hub 4. Unfortunately (and not for the first time) the link sent by Virgin doesn't work.

Happening to anyone else?

146 REPLIES 146

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JonCooke999 wrote:

Hi All,

Im new to Virgin! will i get a Hub 4, or will I need this upgrade too?

Many thanks

Virgin Media will give you the Hub best suited to your connection. For most customers this is a Hub 3 unless you're on Gig1 where you need a Hub 4.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Could you tell me if I am eligible to get the free hub 4 or hub 5 upgrade? I have nothing but issues with hub 3.

Hi wottaguy

Thanks for posting.

If you go to your online account - then go to the 'my upgrades and offers section', it'll be shown there.

Best, 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

No it doesn't... it just gives a phone number to call!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Timref, 

Thank you for posting to us here on the Community. 

Do you have any mates rates deals or promotional offers active with us at the moment?

The message described would usually appear if that is the case. 

Thanks 

Nat

I called again in the end on 150 and went through the "thinking of leaving us" route as it's the only way of NOT being diverted to an indian call centre! the guy I spoke to, Ben was fantastic, really took my issues on board and had loads of problems trying to get my account sorted.... in the end he had to come back to me twice and get a supervisor involved as my account has been hacked about at Virgins end so many times.  He said I should have received the upgrade automatically due to being on the Oomph package.  Anyway, cut a long story.... I'm now on the Volt package, have received my Hub4 and set up myself which was a doddle.  However, I didn't receive any boosters which he said I should have got, and it seems I'm still not getting the 1gb.... speed tests show I'm averaging 400mb, my old package I was regularly getting just over the 600mb my package stated.  Do I need to wait until a certain date for the contract to up the speeds?  Logging on shows I'm on the 1gb Volt package now...

Hi @Timref,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear you've been able to sort yourself out on the package that you're happy with.

Your Volt benefits can take up to 14 days from sign up to appear, and your Minimum Guaranteed Download Speed is based off of a wired connection and not a wireless/Wi-Fi connection.

In regards to the boosters, are you having problems with the Wi-Fi coverage and range in your home currently?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Daz82
Joining in

I followed link, stated ordered and it was on it's way. Not arrived, obviously. Don't want to endure calling up and them having no clue. Anyone had the same recently. I only got the mail to order recently?

this router has the worst wifi i have had to order the second wifi booster pod and still poor , now the good news as for me i disable the 2.4 totaly in every nook and cranny i could find and now only use 5ghz and my wifi disconections have reduced dramatically , also i found that the booster pods only work on 2.4ghz and not 5ghz , they also seem to be renaming the 5ghz to 2.4 so you have 2 x 2.4ghz and not 5ghz and 2.4ghz these are my findings and could be different for others, opinions welcome

Hi Daz82,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums. When did you order the hub? Are you able to view the order here: https://my.virginmedia.com/discover/welcome/get-ready/track-order

Cheers,

Corey C