cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 upgrade link

Andrew3651
Dialled in

Had an email telling me I could claim an upgrade to Hub 4. Unfortunately (and not for the first time) the link sent by Virgin doesn't work.

Happening to anyone else?

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Rog22
On our wavelength

The exact same happened to me and I went through a text based help system. I was told it was spam but the security credentials of the email and linked web page (the one that doesn't work) are perfect. I'm now sure it isn't spam and will try to talk to an actual person but that may prove difficult...

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Same issue here.

The link doesn't work properly and being told it is a scam, but obviously not as it is hosted on the virginmedia.com website.

Can anyone from Virgin help on here ??

Thanks in advance

Rog22
On our wavelength

Followed Andrew's lead but this time managed to speak to a more helpful rep who is passing on my details to his manager to communicate with the H4 team. Fingers crossed but it would save VM a lot of hassle if they simply fixed the web page which is linked to the offer email...

Hi an update. A big shout out to Beth from the forum team getting this sorted for me. The help is much appreciated and the forum team helped me a lot quicker than on the phone when being passed around. Again thank you Beth! 😁

146 REPLIES 146

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

What is the Link ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

It's a personalised one that was embedded in the email. It auto fills excepting my first name, which I can't input. Looks like it's been set up incorrectly. There's no option within my account to set up delivery.

Rog22
On our wavelength

The exact same happened to me and I went through a text based help system. I was told it was spam but the security credentials of the email and linked web page (the one that doesn't work) are perfect. I'm now sure it isn't spam and will try to talk to an actual person but that may prove difficult...

Yup, not spam. Loads personal details and the top level URL is https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/hub4upgrade.

Rog22
On our wavelength

Andrew, what do you plan to do about this going forward?

No idea. Share your reticence about trying to get through to CS on the phone. Never ends well.

Rog22
On our wavelength

OK, so I managed to get through to CS (foreign call centre) but, of course, they had no idea and said that a HUB 4 would only work with 1Gbps. I just said "thank you" and gave up. Such a shame, as obviously their intention is to offer us a new hub but we are not able to take advantage of the offer...

Cs is still impressively poor. That is not at all what the promo email says. It gives a whole lad of guff about how great the Hub 4 is.....

Upgrade to the mighty Hub 4 at no extra cost

We want your internet experience with us to be the best it can be. So we'd like to swap your old WiFi router for a brand new Hub 4, at no extra cost.

What’s so great about the Hub 4?

• Our best WiFi coverage ever
  • Supports our ultrafast fibre speeds
  • Seamlessly connect to wireless internet
  • Your household can get online at the same time
  • Easy to set up with QuickStart

Our best Hub yet…

Our new Hub 4 packs in our best ever WiFi hardware specs thanks to some nifty new antennae designed to maximise WiFi coverage.

What’s more, we’ve made sure it’s fit for our top broadband speeds, so if you upgrade to our Gig1 Fibre when it becomes available, you’ll be able to reach speeds of 1Gbps and beyond.

Man, *every* time I deal with CS I end up wanting to leave. The email is explicit in not tying this to a 1Gbps upgrade, but no, they insist. Extra 20 quid a month.  According to their own website that speed is only available in Leeds and Glasgow. Apparently that's not true either.

Now 45 minutes deep into getting treated like an idiot because, despite reading their own email out to them, they insist I'm wrong - or they're email to be accurate -  and their computer is right. Doesn't really matter; either way, they're wrong and I'm unhappy. Again.