cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 stopped working

Blackberryipod
On our wavelength

After about 15 months my hub 4 has stopped working. After a power cycle the white light/band stops flashing and just goes dim. 

for normal operation I switch off the Wi-Fi and connect port 4 to my TP Link DECO’s. Today I removed the deco’s and plugged my laptop into port 4. The router status screen says “cable modem status - offline” and virgin media support say they can’t see the hub 4. 

Virgin TV is working fine, I tried plugging the hub into the cable used for the 360 box but it didn’t work either. No phone line as it is plugged into the hub4.

is there any else I can try while I wait for the engineer to arrive? I suspect the hub has failed but am not sure.

13 REPLIES 13

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

@Blackberryipod wrote:

After about 15 months my hub 4 has stopped working. After a power cycle the white light/band stops flashing and just goes dim. 

for normal operation I switch off the Wi-Fi and connect port 4 to my TP Link DECO’s. Today I removed the deco’s and plugged my laptop into port 4. The router status screen says “cable modem status - offline” and virgin media support say they can’t see the hub 4. 

Virgin TV is working fine, I tried plugging the hub into the cable used for the 360 box but it didn’t work either. No phone line as it is plugged into the hub4.

is there any else I can try while I wait for the engineer to arrive? I suspect the hub has failed but am not sure.

Are you in modem mode or router mode?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Router mode with the Wi-Fi disabled.

Could be a fault with the hub then. 

That aside - I assume the decos are set into Bridge/AP mode?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

DECO’s set in router mode. Have been running this configuration for the last two years.

I’ll give modem mode on the virgin router a go but suspect it isn’t the issue as the virgin media support guys would be able to see hub 4 from their end.

@Blackberryipod wrote:

DECO’s set in router mode. Have been running this configuration for the last two years.

I’ll give modem mode on the virgin router a go but suspect it isn’t the issue as the virgin media support guys would be able to see hub 4 from their end.

No probably not.

But you shouldn’t have 2 devices on the same network acting as routers. 

Just tried that. The hub 4 is now in modem mode. Under internet it says “registration failure”.Anyone know if this is something that can be fixed remotely without having to wait for an engineer to visit?

Started working at 8:00 this morning, no clue why!  I’ve cancelled my engineer appointment for tomorrow.

Hi @Blackberryipod. Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear of these issues with your hub 4 - apologies for any interruptions to your service!

Glad to hear this now seems to be resolved, please get back to us if you have any further issues so we can offer support. 

All the best. 

Molly

mattlewis
Tuning in

My Hub 4 has stopped working after 10 months of ownership. The white light ring is constantly on but nothing is connected, it won't connect. Nothing there at all, no hard connection even though wires and cables are in place and wi-fi has completely stopped working. I'm having to use my mobile phone as a hotspot and using data like it's going out of fashion.

I have an engineer's appointment tomorrow morning 8am-12pm (12/12/2022) hoping they will replace my Hub 4 either with another one or the new Hub 5. I hate living without my broadband. When it was working, the 1GB speed was excellent.