cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 ssid

Pompyblade
Joining in

Been trying for days now to split my ssid 2.4 and 5 I rename them but when I search I can only see the one I named 5g. I’m trying to connect a ring doorbell but can’t as I need 2.4 been on the phone to virgin for over an hour the said do a hard reset and try again. I knew this wouldn’t work and I was right. Can anyone help please 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Probably a firmware bug - have you just got the Hub4 after an "upgrade".

If so call in and tell them its not fit for your purpose and you want your old Hub reactivating (if you still have it) or replaced with a new Hub3.

Alternatively take all that control out of VM's hands by getting your own wireless router or Mesh

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Pompyblade

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the issues you are experiencing with your new Hub 4, I'm sorry to hear you are unable to find the 2.4ghz channel.

Please can you type http://192.168.100.1 into your web browser then enter the router settings password in the box shown on screen. After logging into your router, click the "Wireless Network Settings" button. Locate the "Wireless Band" settings option and check the "2.4 GHz" option. For maximum compatibility, ensure that the 5 GHz box is unchecked. After setting these options, click "Save Settings."

Does this enable you to connect Ring Doorbell?

Best wishes,

Serena