Menu
Ssteel76
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 red solid light

Hi

we received our hub 4 on Wednesday and still haven’t got WiFi! It has a solid red light constantly! How do I fix this? I’ve checked everything! Rebooted etc ... I’ve had to buy data for my three kids to do their online lessons! Not happy!

anyone have any advice? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 red solid light

Did yo not have to call in to "activate" it? I dont know about Hub4's but this has been posted for Hub3's
-_____________________

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

You should also try the following, call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That is 150 from a Virgin landline options 1,1,1 and 4 or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, options 1,1, 2 and 4

Best time to call is 08:00

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Ssteel76
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you will give this a try in the morning! 👍🏻

0 Kudos
Sabtain7
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is an activation issue I had the same problem with my hub four; it is best to ring them up and speak to someone directly and they will then send an activation signal and monitor  your line 

If I Have Tried To Help You Hope It Helps:
I am fairly knowledgeable about technology in general and will try to help you to the best of my ability.

Sky World Customer (TV), Virgin Media Fibre Optic Gig1; Virgin Media Phone Package

Want To Contact Virgin Media's UK Call Centre?
Here's How:
STEP 1: Dial 150 (Virgin Landline) or 0345 454 1111 (Non Virgin Phone)
STEP 2: Option 1 for TV, Broadband or Home Phone

STEP 3: If The Number You Are Calling From Belongs To Your Virgin Media Account Select Option 1 If Not 2 (then enter the Virgin Media Home Number or press # then tap in Virgin Media Account Number
STEP 4: Select Option 4 - To Make Changes To Your Package Or Tell Us You Are Moving
STEP 5: Select Option 4 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us
STEP 6: Select Option 2 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us For Any Other Reason

UK Call Centre Times:
Mon - Fri 8am - 9pm
Sat - Sun - 9am - 6pm
Ssteel76
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So an engineer had to come out ... he changed the wire and connector and the hub 4 came on with the green light! Solid white now! Great wifi! I Complained about not having wifi for 6 days and got a £30 gesture of goodwill ... better than nothing 👍🏻 

Thanks for your replies 😀